- Shipping Method
RIHALO usually use FedEx, DHL, TNT to shipping your order. Details are shown in the following:
Due to the impact of covid-19, the delivery time has increased. The current average delivery time takes 5-8 days.
United States 5-8 Business Days Free
- If your order includes multiple items, they may be shipped in separated date, experience different travel times and will often arrive on different days.
- Different custom products will require 2-4 weeks' processing time accordingly. Please pay attention to the custom time on the product's page.
- Shipping days do not include weekends or holidays.
- Orders shipped to any of the US Territories including Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Mariana Island or APO and FPO military addresses will be shipped via USPS Regular Service only.
- We are not responsible for any duties, taxes or additional fees that may be charged by Customs for any international deliveries.
- We are not responsible for any delays in delivery due to destination issues, such as failing to provide a complete and correct shipping address or not being present at the address to sign and receive the package.
- Here at RIHALO, we make the utmost effort to get orders delivered on time as promised. However, we cannot provide shipping refunds in the case of national crises, holidays, natural disasters, carrier delays or other circumstances where the delay is beyond our control.
- Tracking Your Orders:
(1) You will receive a shipping email after your order is shipped.
(2) Get the tracking information by clicking the tracking link in the email.
(3) Please note, it may take 24 hours before tracking information appears.
- Customs & Import Tax
Customs is a government agency responsible for regulating shipments entering a country or region. All shipments being sent to and from a country or region must clear customs first. It's always buyer's responsibilities to clear customs and pay the relevant custom duties.
In most countries, however, you have to pay taxes or duties on imported goods. Sometimes goods under a certain value, or in certain categories, do not incur taxes.
The rules are different in every country. Unfortunately there is no way for us to know the rules, regulations, customs, traditions, practices, loopholes, schemes, systems, paperwork, codes, laws, or rulings of every single country.
Therefore, we cannot, and will not, offer advice about taxes in your country. As the buyer, it is your responsibility to find out that information before you order.
If you have to pay import taxes and/or additional duties and sales taxes, then you would have to pay that to the courier upon receipt of the package(s). We can't calculate this for you or you cannot pre-pay it. If you are drop-shipping or sending a gift item to someone, please make sure they are aware of the possibility of having to pay taxes when receiving the goods.
Please find out as much as you can about your import taxes in your own country before completing your order. If you have questions or requests about tax, please contact our customer service email: email@example.com
If the items are detained by customs, who is responsible for clearance of the items?
If the items are detained by Customs after the ship left the seller's country, the buyer is requested to deal with it.
If custom duties are incurred, who is responsible?
It is the buyer's responsibility for any custom duty fees that may be charged upon delivery. How the import duty will be charged depends on each country's custom policies.